idle bash using 95% of system resources

I have found in the mailing-list archive a workaround for this problem:

>I've seen something that may be the same running cygwin 1.1.4 on
>both WinNT 4 and Win98.  If I start an
>external program and fork it from the shell, i.e:
>    gvim.exe &
>
>, and then exit gvim, bash eats up the CPU until I hit return at the
>prompt to allow the
>     "[1]+  Done        gvim"
>message to print.  After the message is shown, things seem to run
>ok, but bash does eat up the CPU until the message is printed

The suggested workaround until the problem will be fixed wasthe following:

>Set the "notify" option in BASH (i.e., issue the command "set -o
>notify"). That way BASH prints jobs status changes when they occur,
>instead of waiting for the next time it prints a prompt.

Ok, i have added to my .bashrc "set -o notify" but nothing happens,
means the problem still remains.

Any ideas? In which version of bash this bug will be fixed?

Many thanks in advanve,
Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl			mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de