Re: CVS install, resolution?

Hi,

Is there are definitive resolution to the problems
mentioned in this post from 20 Sept 2000:
and its predecessors.

I just installed the latest Cygwin release, and tried
to set up a CVS repository on a shared drive (NTFS).
I encountered the "Permission" problem on a ".#1036"
file, just as mentioned in the posts.

My questions are:
1) Could this be actually a permission problem?  (I
was logged in to NT not as an administrator.  I have
full permission to CVSROOT.  I can do a cvs init on my
C drive without any problems.  I have the problem when
I do cvs init on a shared drive, which is also NTFS.)

2) If the failures are mere linking errors, would
manually copy the files solve the problem?

3) Is the problem a init time only problem?  Would
similar problems pop up six months from now, when I
had a couple hundred files imported and modified and
committed, and tagged, etc.?

=====
Weiqi Gao
weiqigao@yahoo.com