ifconf again

On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> stefan wrote:

> > > I'm surprised. I checked that on two different 9X systems.
> > > Could you try to figure out why this happens on your system?
> >
> > What do i need to do then ? Do i have to check the sources or would a
>
> This would be very nice. The related code is in net.cc, function
> `get_9x_ifconf'.
>
> > registry tree be enough to catch the bug ?
>
> You have the registry in front of you. You have the sources. You can
> step through the code with gdb. You should find the problem much easier
> than me.

Well, i watched for a while. Seems like your code is entirely exact what
is needed for determining the list of local interfaces. I guess my windoze
installation is rather wrong than the above function... it crashes when i
want to "dial up". My try was to exchange the enumarations in
"HKLM...\\Class\\Net" and i got the result i wanted. After this the
Network Setup swapped the devices *sigh*, but using a RegMon i really
could not detect it accessing the registry keys i changed. Thus i do not
know what's actually wrong. My guess: my windoze installation is busted.

> > code i wrote but modified free code. I can "sign over" the "copyleft" to
> > FSF. Is that what you want ? If so, I'd like to do so and send you what i
> > "coded".
>
> Nope, sorry. If it's glibc code we can't use it. The glibc is under
> LGPL which collides with the Cygwin Library License which is GPL plus
> an additive (Chris has explained that).

Hm. Until now i was not aware that you are reinventing the wheel. Great
job done so far...

stefan@lkcc.org