Re: OpenSSH Strangeness on Windows 2000

Lee Thompson wrote:
> sshd.exe seems to start ok if I invoke it as a console application.   As a
> service it seems to launch and then exit without any sign of an error.   I've
> tried having it run under LocalSystem (SYSTEM) and under a user with the
> proper rights established with no change in behavior.    Nothing else is
> listening on the port.

You're using ntsec. Check the ownership of all ssh related files.
The host key files have to be owned by system or any user which
has the cygwin uid 0. The private host key file has to have at least
permission 0600.
This is documented in /usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-2.3.0p1.README

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:vinschen@redhat.com