Re: Subscribers to cygwin mailing list can post regardless of spam blocks

At 23:30 11/25/00 -0500, CGF wrote:
>I hope that this will enable the vast majority of who are blocked by
>ORBS to post here.  It won't help, of course, if you use an email
>address that is other than the one you used to subscribe.

while the reasoning is just and good, the side effect is to
reduce the effect of ORBS. Without people getting bounce notices when
they try to post they may not know that their ISP is being a bad
netizen, if they don't know then they can't express their outrage
either in writing or (much more effectively) with their pocket books.
Would it be possible to still generate a note back to them? maybe not
on every message, perhaps monthly? I mean if you're going to use ORBS
why destroy the single most effective corrective thing it does?

now the forces of openness
     have a powerful and
     unexpected new ally
    http://ibm.com/linux/