Re: Subscribers to cygwin mailing list can post regardless of spam blocks

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 10:51:19PM -0500, Erdely, Michael wrote:
>Do you have a suggestion to those of use that do want to receive on one
>address and post to another?  I know a lot of listservers support a nomail
>option...
>
>Ideas?

It looks like subscribing the non-receiving address to 'cygwin-allow'
should work.

Send email to 'cygwin-allow-subscribe@cygwin.com' from the posting address.
Or, 'cygwin-allow-subscribe-me=whatever.com@cygwin.com'.  You still need
to confirm this, as usual but you only get one confirmation and no welcome
message after that.

This *should* work, but I make no guarantees.  If it doesn't work, then
please post the here for posterity.

If it doesn't work the alternatives are to either live with the spam
blocking or subscribe the other address and dump the email.  I've gone
to this effort to handle the normal cases.  I'm not going to spend a lot
of time trying to make this a perfect world for people who have odd
setups.

cgf

cgf@cygnus.com                        Red Hat, Inc.
http://sources.redhat.com/            http://www.redhat.com/