GCC & CYGWIN1.DLL Conflicting versions

>I downloaded and installed CYGWIN 1.1.6.
>When I tried to use gcc to compile C codes,
>I got the error messages that said cpp.exe
>cc1.exe and collect2.exe all have conflicting
>versions of cygwin1.dll. DO you know what's going on
>and have any suggestions? Thanks.
>
>CC

Like it says, you probably have multiple versions of cygwin1.dll
installed.

at the Bash prompt:

 $ type -a cygwin1.dll

should tell you where all of them are installed.  Delete all of the
older ones.  The only one that should be present should be in the /bin
directory **

You can, of course all use the "Find ..." command on your start menu.

** Note that /usr/bin and /bin are actually the same directory, so that
should show up twice.