Re: Cygwin crashes when bash is called repeatedly from a .bat file

--- craig.hayes@lmco.com wrote:

> Everything works for several hours, but then Cygwin crashes.  The DOS script
> can no longer call the Unix shell scripts and I cannot start Cygwin from the
> desktop icon.  In both cases I see an error message "bash: fork: permission
> denied".  Sometimes I will get the message window saying that the
> initialization of the dynamic link library C:\winnt\system32\USER32.dll
> failed.  To recover I have to uninstall Cygwin, reboot my machine and
> reinstall Cygwin.
>
> Any ideas?

No, no ideas.  What do you mean by "uninstall Cygwin ... reinstall Cygwin"?
Output of `cygcheck -s -r -v' pasted in mail sent to the list and not to me
would be helpful.  The scripts both DOS .bat and Unix scripts would be helpful.
 Do you have any "virus protection" software running and enabled?

Also, since you're the one having the problem, you're most likely the one
that's going to have to debug or figure out a work-around because no one else
is having the problem.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd