ice window manager works with DirectX X-Server

I recently installed the xfree86 binaries for cygwin, from the tar-files on
the net.  It was possible to get up and running right away with the
supplied startxwin.bat file.  However, I really wanted a different window
manager, and I like "ice".  So I tried to build icewm from the current
icewm source, version 1.0.4.  At first the build failed due to errors in
the source-file yapp.cc.  The definition of the "timercmp" function is
missing.  After some poking around, using grep in the cygwin include
directories, I found that there is a macro for "timercmp" in
/usr/include/w32api/winsock.h.  After cutting and pasting the three-line
macro for "timercmp" into yapp.cc, the ice window manager compiled
correctly.  Now I am using icewm with xfree86 on cygwin - a very nice
combination.  I suspect that having more window managers to choose from
should help increase the popularity of cygwin.  Please pass the information
along, and/or make a pre-built icewm available for cygwin users.

Regards,
Bob Walkup (walkup@us.ibm.com, 914-945-1512)