Re: head and tail ?

At 12:47 PM 12/12/2000, mats.bauer@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am searching for head and tail.
>
>Were unable to find it on cygwin.com, can you give me a hint where
>I can find it?
>
>thanks
>
>Matthias Bauer

Not to sound rude but you'll find it in one of the Cygwin packages.  If I
went and grepped through the zipped tar files I have, I'm sure I'd find it
and could tell you exactly but I try to refrain from doing so for two
reasons:

   1. Its just about as easy for you to do this as I.
   2. Telling you which package its in may encourage you to simply download
      that package and try to use it.  The obvious follow-up question would
      then be, "Where can I find cygwin1.dll?".  This would likely be followed
      by those of the form "Where's awk, grep, tar, etc?"  Worse, some
      utilities don't work very well without other from other packages.  Its
      always recommended that you install all packages.  While you may do
      otherwise, any problem you might subsequently encounter is not going
      to be met with allot of support by this list.  This is just fair
      warning to those who might contemplate this kind of installation!;-)

So, I suggest you go to www.cygwin.com and click on "Install now!".
You'll be glad you did!:-)