AW: documentation archive

we loaded cgwin-docs_tar.tar, but we can not open it. tar says "hmm,
seems not to be a tar archive" and winzip read a header with 0 byte. Can
you help us ?

You have probably downloaded a *.tar.gz file with a Windows program
like Netscape. These programs rename auto. files with more than one
point in it to a name with underscores and so on (this is very annoying).
You can avoid this if you already correct the name in File-Save dialog of
netscape.

Rename your already loaded file cgwin-docs_tar.tar to cgwin-docs.tar.gz and
extract it with "tar -xzvf cgwin-docs.tar.gz" and it will work
(i hope :-).

Klaus