Re: new install of cygwin with pdksh doesn't work

  >> a solution, as Christopher suggested, is to remove the ^M from the files.
  >> the easiest way I know of to do this is to pipe the script through "tr -d
  >> '\r'"
  >> so for example:
  >>
  >> tr -d '\r' < /cygdrive/c/myscript > /tmp/myscript
  >> mv -f /tmp/myscript /cygdrive/c/myscript
  >>
  >> the other would be to mount the location of the script in an explictly
  >> controlled mount point (text mode), or to change the default mount
  >> mode.

  Earnie> And the other would be to rerun setup and choose the DOS radio button.  Just
  Earnie> rerun setup, no need to redownload anything.

As I still have to work with other applications (Emacs, etc.) which
will continue to write files with DOS line endings, removing the ^Ms
is not a practical option, as I'd have to do that constantly.

I understand the option of rerunning setup and setting the DOS radio
button, but I actually already tried that.  After going through a few
dialogs, it said "Nothing to update" (or something like that), and it
seemed like it had no effect.  However, based on my limited
understanding of this, I think this would probably be the best option
(if I can get it to work).

I don't understand the option of setting text mode mount points.  I
have no idea what the ramifications of that would be.