Re: How do I create the locatedb??

On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 03:30:41PM +0100, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

><31 Dec 2000, 14:50 Uhr wars, als Andrew Markebo folgendes schrub:>
>< Re: How do I create the locatedb?? >
>
>> Thanx!
>>
>> Uhm, any special reason for it not to be included in the cygwin dist?
>> I think it is weird that locate comes, but no tool to build the DB?
>>
>>         /Andy
>
>I don't know of any special reasons, as i asked on cygwin list, i got no
>response, so i built it for myself, which fortunatly works OOTB.
>
>One little problem i got was, that no tests were possible, because dejagnu
>didn't work correct, but after a short look at dejagnu, it isn't that easy,
>and i got no time left, maybe next year:-))

The reason is the same as for any "Why the hell isn't this in the
distribution???" question.

Most of us who are regulars in this mailing list are extremely tired of
answering this question over and over and over and over and over and...

http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC44
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC76

cgf