Re: new function suggestion fsetmode

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 02:27:15AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>oops. Thanks for the tip.
>
>Can I suggest a reference to that on
>http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-textbinary.html

fileno is a pretty standard part of any UNIX API, but if you'd like to
suggest new wording I'd be happy to include it.  There are also new
'binmode.o', 'textmode.o', and 'automode.o' object files available for
changing the defaults on a per-binary basis.  automode.o (probably
misnamed) changes the default to 'read text'/'write binary'.

cgf

cgf@cygnus.com                        Red Hat, Inc.
http://sources.redhat.com/            http://www.redhat.com/