CMD.exe for Win9x and other goodies

Speaking of brain-damaged shells (my other recent posting), Charles Wilson
who maintains the CygUtils site has had a link to a download of a cmd.exe
for Win9x, for some time. I have nailed the network location (URL) of the
latest Microsoft version of the Platform SDK .cab file containing
Win95Cmd.exe. This might be interest to Charles, and to those stuck on
Win9x who found, as I did, that although WAY better than nothing, that
cmd.exe was pretty crash-prone, buggy. Maybe a later version would be
better, is my thinking. The Platform SDK in question is the so-called
"Whistler beta," Oct 2000 release.

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/platformsdk/oct2000/psdk-x86.49.cab

The same .cab file also contains many other executables such as
CabArc.exe, the MS .cab file extraction tool.

   HTH,
     soren andersen