Re: Cygwin commands crashes after ssh login

> > Personally I'm using tcsh and bash as login shell. I'm using W2K SP1
> > with Cygwin 1.1.7, sshd is started via SRVANY under my own account
> > which has the appropriate user rights and I don't have any problems
> > using ssh and sshd on the box. For testing purposes I'm sometimes
> > switching to starting sshd from inetd using LocalSystem account and
> > password authentication. No problem at all.
>
> Following up on one tiny part of the above, when you say '... from
> inetd _using LocalSystem account_', what does that last bit mean?  I
> don't have a LocalSystem user in either /etc/passwd or Win2K Users. . .

I have exactly the same question.  Would someone please post a more
pedagogical procedure of creating the LocalSystem account in W2K?  Unlike in
the case of NT4, I found no place to specify any "special rights" for the
user.  I have been trying to make OpenSSHD work (for a multi-user
environment started from inetd) for a week and have not gotten anywhere (see
the following error message produced right after keying the password.)

ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer.

Wei