Re: Inetd and (detached) background (console) processes

* Wed 2001-01-17 Ehud Karni <ehud@unix.simonwiesel.co.il> list.cygwin
| On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 17:18:28 +0200, Kaatunut <kaatunut@iki.fi> wrote:
|

| > How do I create a console (well, actually, console-less) process that I
| > can leave running at background- that is, no need for terminal? Under
| > unix, I would just do

Thank you for the code, would it be possible to add thi sto Cygwin
distributions so that Win32 programs could be run without that
ugly window?

Related question:

    In win98 the Inetd can be started from the start directory, but obviously
    I don't want to draw a shortcut there because it would create that additional
    window.

    Now:   run-nw inetd   does not create additional window, but If I put this
    command to a bat file, the bat file would create extra window...

    How do I start inetd without extra window in Win98 at PC boot time?

Jari