Re: -mno-cygwin and c++ stl... progress?

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >This one is the show stopper.
>
> Or, rather, it is the current stumbling block.  I'm willing to release
> a libstdc++.a for mingw.  It will be trivial to do this now that we've
> split out the include and lib directories for mingw.

Hmmm ... this issue came up way back, and I remember suggesting that we
consider using multilib facility in GCC build process to accomplish this.
It's not too hard to get working, other than of course the fact that it
takes twice as long to build.  However, multilib-ing has one big con --
not that many people understand how it works in gcc. Any other solution
of trying to build two copies of libstdc++, with slightly different
options, may not be clean. Also, you'll again run into the same problem
with libstdc++-v3 needing exception handling code, and libgcc supplying
it for the wrong runtime!

Regards,
Mumit