Re: mail archives

This is a general outline as to what I do on a Win2k PC.  If your not
familiar with the commands, or have some trouble, then unfortunately you
will have to do some Windows and Unix reading.  :)

First make sure the  windows system directories is "LAST" rpt "LAST" in your
path
eg  export PATH=$PATH:/c/winnt/:/c/winnt/system32
(I have this permanently set)

then type:
net view
This list all the computers in the network
or
net view | grep whatever

next type:
net view \\\\Computer_name or net view '\\Computer_name'
to see all the shares on that computer

next type:
net use x: \\\\Computer_name\\share
Connects your computer to the share resource
This command will fail if you do not have the correct permissions or the
network is not set up correctly.

NOTE, I have the following mount setting
"mount -b --change-cygdrive-prefix /"

now you can do:
cd /x
ls

I hope this helps and is a start............

Regards Trevor