How do I remove CR/LF from text file

I was working on some code and output a text file which displays fine in
cygwin but I wanted to email the text to someone from within windows and
if I look at the text in wordpad it looks fine but if I look at it in
notepad then it is screwy and in either case if I try to cut and paste
into my email program then the text is still real screwy and I don't want
to have to edit it.  I assume this is a CR/LF issue - not a bug - I just
can't figure out how to change it.

The text was originally created by sending to /tmp/foo which is on /
which is a binary mount and so I did a

cat /tmp/foo > /windows/temp/foo

in which case /windows is a text mount thinking this would fix it, but it
does not.  If I however go back and recreate the text file by outputting
it to /windows/temp/foo in the first place - then wordpad, notepad and my
email on like it, again I am assuming this is CR/LF related but that is
an assumption.

Can someone provide me with a line that allows me to do a conversion
after the fact like this or is there such a beast - On some unixen we had
dos2unix and such.

Thanks for any input.