RE: using Cigwin as build-environment for CL.EXE

Willi,

There's a recent book out called GNU Autoconf, Automake, and Libtool.
You can get it from newriders.com or you can read it online:
http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/

In chapter 25. Using GNU Autotools with Cygnus Cygwin, you'll find a
long discussion on this subject. However, this is mostly related to using
the gcc compiler not the cl.exe (why would you want to do that? :-)

So, the answer is that yes, some people use Cygwin with libtool. And, if
you need a newer version of it or the other gnu autotools, you can go to
the gnu website and download them. If you really want to live on the edge,
you can get the latest from the cvs source. http://www.gnu.org/software/

Regarding building apache, I (and many others on this list) have built
it under cygwin. Search the mail archives for more details.
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/

HTH,

--Kevin