Re: "CPP" crashes my computer to hardware reset when trying to compile "test.c" -- pls help

Yep, something's not right with your configuration/installation if all these
things are crashing on you.  I suggest removing it all and reinstalling.
That will probably be quicker than tracking down exactly what is corrupt
or mis-configured on your system.