Re: Re: screen echos from cygwin1-20010225.dll

I have the standard cygwin up to date as done by the standard installer, but with the snapshot cygwin1.dll added. expect 20010117 was most recently installed. The first big batch of messages starts immediately upon beginning the gcc testsuite, as my posted screen echo shows.  I have not watched that make check closely recently; I believe it has already completed some instances of expect before this happensl.

I have not attempted to build cygwin1.dll myself for many months, but I will try that if it will help.

IIRC, a similar thing happened (diagnostic messages, maybe not the same ones) with a pre-1.1.7 snapshot of the .dll but they were cleaned up in the released .dll.  The 1.1.8 .dll, of course, will not run this sequence.

Thursday, 08 March, 2001 Tim Prince tprince@computer.org wrote:

TP> I don't see these as build errors; maybe I'm missing something.  expect
TP> runs the same with the 1.1.7 cygwin1.dll and with the post-1.1.8
TP> snapshots, except for these additional messages.  The results from gcc
TP> and g77 test suites appear normal; the g++ suite dies after over 3000
TP> PASSes, same as it does for others running it on W2K.I wouldn't be
TP> surprised if expect is doing something wrong, but I don't see how these
TP> messages explain what.

are  those messages spontaneous, or they appear every time 'expect' is
running?  do  they  appear in the very beginning of testsuite or after
some  tests  had  run? what version of expect do you have? if you have
cygwin  sources  on  your machine and had built cygwin1.dll from them,
could  you  please try running cygwin's testsuite ('make check' in the
build directory)?