From: Darrik Spaude [mailto:DJS@MULTITECH.com]
Sent: 09 March 2001 15:08
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: GCC targets

Hello,

I downloaded the Cygwin tools with the expectation that I would be
able to use GCC to compile for various target platforms.  For
example, I tried:

gcc -m68000 voce.c

and I get an error that says '68000' is an invalid option.  The same
goes for -mcpu=860  (860 is an invalid option).

Does the GCC app supplied with the Cygwin tools support other targets
or am I dreaming?  Is there some way to get GCC with support for
multiple targets working on Windows or DOS?

I'm not very familiar with GCC, but I do know that $5000 to $10000 is
ridiculous for a compiler.

Thank you very much,
Darrik J. Spaude
Development Engineer