Re: setup.exe ==> source directory mess (?)

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 03:09:49AM -0600, Christopher Abbey wrote:
> Here then is the patch to accomplish the /usr/src change this thread
> started. In testing this I did observe two things: one that some
> packages have src/ in the front of the source paths... crypt is one,
> such that you end up with /usr/src/src/crypt-1.0/*... I don't think
> this is "normal" source packaging... but if it is a solution similar
> to what is used for /usr/bin and /usr/lib can be put in. The second

Nope. These are package failures. All package maintainers should
check their packages for that. All source packages should be
packaged so that they uninstall into <packagename>-<version>/

I have just uploaded new versions of crypt (thanks for the hint)
and gawk so that the corresponding src archives unpack that way.

Hints for wrong packed src archives are welcome!

> item I noticed is that the source package sizes are not included in
> the total download or install totals, making the progress bars finish
> way too soon.  I fixed those in this patch as well.
>
> 2001-03-10  Chris Abbey  <chris_abbey@yahoo.com>
>
> 	* install.cc: install sources into /usr/src instead
> 	  of /, also include the sizes of source tarballs
> 	  in total_bytes.
> 	* download.cc: include sizes of source tarballs in
> 	  total_download_bytes.
> [...]

Your patch looks good from my point of view. DJ, shall I check it in?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.