Re: Problems with Cygwin Inetd.exe

I think I have the answer to Will's question regarding
inetd's inability to start as a Service.

Here was the similar message that I was receiving:
  "Could not start the CYGWIN inetd service on Local
  Computer.  Error 1053: The service did not respond to the
  start or control request in a timely fashion." ...

Here's what I found to be the solution:
  Make sure /usr/sbin (i.e. c:\cygwin\usr\sbin) is on
  Administrator's path.

The inetd documentation in
/usr/doc/Cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2.README is excellent but I'm
not sure it is clear enough about the path requirements.

Corinna, would it be worth changing line 112 to something
like this?:

  - The Win32 Administrator's environment variable PATH
    must contain the path to the directory which contains
    the cygwin1.dll as well as the inetd.exe executable
    (inetd.exe is usually installed to c:\cygwin\usr\sbin).

Please correct me if I've misunderstood anything; please
disregard if this issue has already been resolved.

Bob Heckel
bheckel@excite.com