Re: symlinks

Martin Trautmann wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I just downloaded cygwin-1.1.8-2 and I have some problems with symlinks.
> Is it ok that ls, cat and every other command doesn't recognize them?
> What is responisble for interpreting symlinks? The programs itself (/the
> cygwin libraries) or the shell?

I know what I mean by symlink, `ln -s source target', is that what you
mean?  Of course the programs you state recognize those, as long as they
are Cygwin programs.  Do you have some other package containing these
files?  Also take a look at the output of `cygcheck -s -r -v' and see if
you can recognize a problem, if not paste that output in a mail to the
list.

Earnie.