inetd logins

Hi Corinna,

I have been trying to get inetd working on my win2k system.   I am starting it from the command line with /usr/sbin/inetd.exe -d.  Everything works find and it creates all the ports according to my /etc/inetd.conf.

When I try to telnet, ftp, tftp, etc... I get the correct prompt but none of the passwords work.  Every login attempt fails.  It looks like inetd is not reading the passwd file correctly.  I've tried regenerating this file several times and playing around with the entries but no luck.

I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong.  I've read the mail archives and the FAQs and can't find anything that I've failed to do.  Could you possibly give me a hint on what can get this working?

Thanks

Mike