Remote debugging

Hi everybody !!!
I have configured/build GDB for the target processor
----------------
"mips-idt-ecoff"   from the sources.
---------------
My machine is running windows-98 on a Intel P3.
I have installed cygwin also.
If i have to connect to the remote board through a serial line
for eg. i give a command

target mips /dev/ttyS0

but it says: No such file or directory.
Obviously because there is no /dev/ on my machine.

Is there a way i make the serial port to be mounted as /dev/
on windows.???

Or How i do connect to a remote machine and do remote debugging??

please help me

thanks in advance

Deepak