ssh command line I/O problem

Hi All...

My previous example was misleading. The problem is that

ssh localhost 'echo test'

does not produce output for me. But other things do, like

ssh localhost 'echo test &'

and

ssh -t localhost 'echo test'

work. I have a vanilla install on a win2k box, with no new explicit settings
of environment variables. I am running the sshd as a service. I get the same
results when I stop ther service and run sshd from annother bash shell.

Thanks,

...Karl