Re: fscanf does not return EOF

Thanks Mumit and Rob! The explicit test to EOF does the trick.

I replaced the direct call of the fscanf function in my code with the
following:

int readline(FILE *inputfile,char *linetxt)
{
   int k;

   k=fscanf(inputfile," %[^\r]",linetxt);
   if ((k==0)&&(feof(inputfile)!=0))  k=EOF;
   return(k);
}

This seems to work fine.

Uwe