OT: the real goal (was Re: If it is true, Please Help me.)

> Cygwin was a proof of concept.  Now that we have the technology, we
> will be able to move forward with the VMS on Windows project.  Of
> course, that is just a stepping stone towards the eventual goal of
> TOPS-10 on Windows.  But you must crawl before you can fly.

     Why not Twenex first?  Then we can run (most of) our -10 .EXEs
under PA1050 (a worthy predecessor to Cygwin).  And NT does have copy-
on-write (presumably because someone finally convinced Cutler that it
was Cutler's idea in the 1st place). . .

     And who knows what next?  Perhaps Multics and ITS?

----g-i-v-e---m-e---a-r-b-e-r-r-y---o-r---g-i-v-e---m-e---b-a-r-k-s-----
"oncology recapitulates philately" --Mark Maxson    Robert M. Praetorius
"balance, not symmetry" --Mark Stanley         home: rmp@MA.UltraNet.Com
(attribution by Stigler)                  work: RPraetorius@AspenRes.Com