This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 'sort' does not handle CRLF correctly
- To: "Matthew Smith" <matts at bluesguitar dot org>,"Cygwin" <cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: 'sort' does not handle CRLF correctly
- From: Brad Barber <bradb at atg dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:15:17 -0400
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
At 03:27 PM Tuesday 4/10/2001, Matthew Smith wrote:
>Are you using binary mounts? You might also try adding 'binmode' to your
>CYGWIN environment variable. Do NOT set the CYGWIN var in your bash
>environment, set it in your Windows environment if you go that route.
Thanks for your help. It helped me locate the problem.
All the disks are mounted as the default binmode, otherwise 'cp' doesn't work with
>> If the input to
>> ... CR LF
>> the output is
>> .... CR CR LF
>> --Brad (tcsh)
>Want to unsubscribe from this list?
>Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple