Re: What's a good stable snapshot DLL?

> This is probably a FAQ.  Are the cygwin1.dll snapshots generated
> with debug symbols such that I'll get more information in my Dr Watson
> reports?  If not, do I need to build my own with VC++ 6.0 such that I
> can pull up the debugger when (if) I get the access violations?

Snapshots are built with gcc, not vc, so even if there's debug
information in it, DrWatson won't see it.

If you're going to be debugging the dll, you should get the sources
from CVS and built it yourself, and use gdb to debug.  That will give
you the best environment.  However, you'll need to build a copy of gdb
that uses a "debug" version of cygwin, so as to avoid using the dll
you're debugging.  Chris - perhaps you should create a web page on how
you debug the dll?  You've had the most experience with this.