Re: help: Glib under Cygwin

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 12:39:30PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> [...]

All, I know is what I've been told.  AFAIK, newlib has/had a different
reason for existence than Cygwin.

When Cygwin was first started, no one cared if it was GPLed, LGPLed, or
owned by Cygnus.  glibc was the logical choice for a full-featured UNIX
library.

I don't believe that newlib was that "full featured" back then.
However, when Cygwin first started it was a subdirectory of newlib.
Actually, I think that newlib has actually benefitted from its
association with Cygwin.

cgf