A list of help needed

Hey all. Im new to the listserv so if any of this seems to be a repeat
please foregive me. Ive been working with cygwin for a while on my
windows98se box and I wanted to ask a few questions regarding some things I
have ran into.

1)  Can Cygwin run libnet? If so what version or where can I find a package
that works?

2) Im having a problem getting the telnet daemon to run. I may be going at
this wrong so if you notice something wrong with what I have done by all
means please point it out.

I went into the inetutils-1.3.2 folder and went to run a make (thinking this
would be the best place to start). The make file went thru completely. Then
I proceeded to run a Make Install. It went thru fine. Now I wasnt quite sure
where to go from there to start the telnet daemon so I read the
inetutils-1.3.2.README. Inside that file it tells me to do 'net start inetd'
in turn it gave me the error 'Error 2185: The service name is invalid. Make
sure you are specifying a valid
service name, and then try again.'  Once I saw that I thought maybe that
tampering with it a little would get what I want so i tried 'net start'
which just gave me 'The command was completed successfully.
' which to me means I didnt get anything accomplished. Im not sure where to
go from there. For telnetd it says to make sure that crypt and login is
installed. As far as im aware I do have these installed :). So any pointers
on how to get this up and going would be greatly appreciated.

3)  When I type 'who' i get the response 'who: /var/run/utmp
'. Is this supose to be that way? If not how can I correct this?

Thanks for the help.