1.1.8: the read command in bash does not behaive the same as in ksh

This was encountered with cygwin v1.1.8 under Windows 2000 Professional.

The following script executes fine on other unix systems but not with cygwin and I was wondering how to get around this problem:

echo one two three | read v1 v2 v3

echo "v1 = ${v1}"

echo "v2 = ${v2}"

echo "v3 = ${v3}"

It seems that the variables are not set at all when this is done with cygwin.

I have this kind of code in many places and would really appreciate an answer.

Thanks!

Regards,

Sergio Del Rio

Templates 4 Business Inc.