Re: ntsec and sshd question

Hi Corinna...

I changed the CYGWIN setting and rebooted a couple of times to see...

With 'CYGWIN=ntsec tty' there is an extra process visible (ps -aef).

With 'CYGWIN=ntsec' there is no extra process visible.

I understand the spawning to authenticate eash login, but why does sshd
spawn an extra time?

If it did not spawn an extra time, stopping the srvany service would do the
right thing, ie stopping the sshd daemon.

In the *nix world, you want to run detached, but as a winnt/win2k service,
you do not.

Thanks,

...Karl