Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New on sources: rxvt-2.7.2-1

Charles S. Wilson wrote:
> using your command on my WinNT machine, I get the
> stackdump when trying to run in native mode.
> (X mode works fine on both machines).

Thanks for isolating the problem to NT.  Very helpful.

I traced the segfault to a call to CreateWindow().
Since I haven't changed the CreateWindow parameters
and an older version works on NT, I'm left with the
fact that I moved the call to RegisterClass and
the WndProc to a DLL.  I don't know why that would
cause CreateWindow to break.

I'm able to single step up to the CreateWindow, and
catch the WM_CREATE message being processed by the
WndProc.  It's after my WndProc returns DefWindowProc(...)
that CreateWindow tanks.

My net search only turned up a hint that I should add
CS_GLOBALCLASS to the RegisterClass style.  That didn't
seem to help.  I also saw the recent posts about
__declspec(dllimport) being important for variables,
but as far as I know I'm only using a couple of static
variables that are only used in the scope of the DLL.

I have two options, revert to an older version without
X support, or try to work around a bug that I don't
understand.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-steve o