Re: Thanks for cygwin's setup.exe -- and a suggestion

Christopher Lott wrote:
> Thanks for taking the trouble to make it easy to download precompiled
> versions of the GNU packages for win32 boxes.

You welcome from all who participated and glad it helped you out.

> Would you please add a button the
> setup.exe window that would de-select all of the packages? I.e., set
> all of them to "skip".

This has been discussed many times in the group (very recently in fact)
and several different ways have been suggested.  If you'll check the
archive for May 14 for the subject 'Cygwin Updates' you will find DJ's
response to Kevin Wright on this very topic and some of the ideas which
have been tossed around.

The problem is not coming up with ideas for changes but more finding the
volunteers/time to do the work.  The group does accept contributions if
you would like to give this change a shot and submit it.

bk