CAUTION: A word about replacing the Cygwin1.dll

I've noticed several occurrences of "After I replaced cygwin1.dll by the
old version everything was worked again."

I just want to caution you that just replacing the cygwin1.dll may cause
you problems when building other packages as the glue that supports the
cygwin1.dll API may have also changed.  If you ?must? drop back to a
previous version then make sure that you also replace the supporting
headers and libraries.  Rather than dropping back to a previous version
you should also first try a snapshot to see if your problem remains for
future releases.  Snapshots can be found at http://cygwin.com/snapshots/
URL and you should choose the cygwin-inst package if you plan on
building packages.  In a more perfect since, the person with a problem
will help debug and fix the problem.  To help with contributions to
Cygwin please refer to the http://cygwin.com/contrib.html page.

--
Earnie.