how I would like to see cygwin and the jde collaborate

Paul,

Thanks for all your efforts with the JDE.  Ironically, in this age of a
bazillion specialized IDEs, the JDE comes shining through as the one
development environment that really excells in what I do: edit files.

I have two difficulties with the JDE that I think could be solved with
greater collaboration between the JDE and the cygwin project, namely
downloading all the dependencies and setting the JDE up.

One thing that's very nice about cygwin these days is the setup application
which brings new or changed packages down and then installs them all in the
right places.

I would love to see the cygwin setup app bring down the JDE as well as all
the assorted elisp packages: senator, eieio, elib, semantic, speedbar,
(anything else?)  Even now, though I use the JDE daily, I am not sure
everything is setup correctly.  Ever since installing the JDE (and senator,
eieio, elib, gud, ...) whenever emacs would normally flash a bell, or
otherwise innocuously indicate an error, I instead get an emacs buffer
filled with a stack dump of the elist that went awry.  Usable but
obnoxious.  I look forward to the day when I can get all that setup for me
by some automated tool.

Thank you,

Jerry Asher