Re: Setup.exe v2.56

Travis Howell wrote:
> The previous version of Cygwin setup didn't have this limitation, is there
> any chance or adding back support for it ?

Ummm,  How long ago are you talking about - Most of the setups I have worked
with since this new version (GUI) began (I believe) have used the method of the
subdirectories and the setup.ini.  When you use setup to download the files it
automatically keeps a copy of the setup.ini file for you.

> The main reason I ask is using the above method allows setup to easy manage
> installation and uninstallation of any Cygwin binary tarballs, including

This can still be done I believe - Create the subdirectory under your
downloaded files directory and place the appropriate tarball there and modify
your local copy of setup.ini to have an entry for the package you want to
install with the appropriate directory entry and other flags you see in the
setup.ini.

bk