Re: need unix script utility to record terminal session

On 29 May 2001 at 13:13, "Mark Paulus" <commpg@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Are you talking about expect, a tcl derivative/extension, or
> something different??

Something different.  There is a unix command called 'script'
that comes from the BSD code base.  To quote the Linux man page:

DESCRIPTION
     Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal.  It is
     useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session
     as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out lat­
     er with lpr(1).

     If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no
     file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript.

jerry

--
Jerry Heyman   919.224.1442    | Tivoli Systems       |"Software is the
Build Infrastructure Architect | 3901 S Miami Blvd    | difference between