Re: prb setup tetex

JQ Johnson wrote:

> I had similar problems to those reported by Felix Koop installing a working
> TeX following instructions in tetex-beta-20001218.README.

> I too ran into
> problems with SELFAUTO* variables not being set and incompatible .pool
> files. However, Jerome's instructions worked for me:

The incompatible POOL files come from outside
and the SELAUTO* variables have not to be mofied.
Beware to use a complete Cygwin distribution:
the binaries and executable scripts (in particular those in
/usr/share/texmf/web2c/ )
cannot be shared with other distributuions (ftpTeX, MiKTeX):
see archive for more information.
I have to fix it with Thomas Esser (the tTeX maintainer).

> 1/ ignore tetex-beta-20001218.README about using the standard
> teTeX-texmf-1.0.2 tarball.  Use the Cygwin distributed /usr/share/texmf

In any case, you have to install your own TeX Directory Structure which has to
be
compatible with a teTeX one.

> 2/ run
>         texconfig confall
>         texconfig rehash
>         texconfig init
> tex now runs (using the cygwin 1.3.2 DLL) with no additional ENV changes.

It should word !

Good TeXing !
Jerome BENOIT