Re: Does arbitrary precision arithmetic language (bc) exist in Cygwin

On Tue, 29 May 2001 15:37:52 +0100
"Ammar Hassan" <shadowfox1@postmaster.co.uk> wrote

> Hi,
> 	I've been converting some tests scripts I have from a Solaris OS to
> a Win32 environment using Cygwin. I've managed to work out problems such as
> making Cygwin detect the script files I have, and some other problems as
> well. Within these scripts they use a program called "bc" which is part of
> the Solaris installation. It's meant to be some sort of implementation of an
> "arbitrary precision calculator" which takes input from a file and processes
> a "language that resembles C" upon the script. I'm not totally sure what bc
> does, really but the script files I'm converting use it a lot.
>  	Unfortunately I've not been able to find out the Cygwin equivalent
> of "bc", or if it even exists at all. Could anyone help me with this? Has
> such a program been created for Cygwin or is there no implementation of this
> sort of program at all? Thanks for your help.
>

> Regards,
>
> Ammar H.M.J. Hassan
> Product Test Engineer
> MERANT The Lawn, 22-30 Old Bath Road, Newbury, England RG14 1QN
> +44 (0) 1635 565 780

bc-1.06.tar.gz from http://www.gnu.org includes both bc and dc.
It installed out of the box (with some warnings I ignored!) in cygwin.

 Roger
 Roger.Gates@goodrich.com