MinGW vs. -mno-cygwin (Was: GCC 2.95.3-4 Problem)

On Monday 11 Jun 01, Christopher Faylor writes:
> >....  So what is the magic for building an application with the
> >Cygwin port that can run on any Windows goober box without Cygwin?

> The -mno-cygwin option is added as a (regrettable) convenience for
> people who want to build non-cygwin apps.  It basically produces
> a mingw application.
>
> If you are having a problem with -mno-cygwin then peruse the
> mingw information.

Apologies for not knowing more about the technical details here.  But
refering -mno-cygwin users to www.mingw.org conflicts with what's
currently written in the FAQ, which emphasizes that they are separate:

Q.  How do I compile a Win32 executable that doesn't use Cygwin?

A.  The -mno-cygwin flag to gcc makes gcc link against standard
    Microsoft DLLs instead of Cygwin. This is desirable for native
    Windows programs that don't need a UNIX emulation layer.

    This is not to be confused with 'MinGW' (Minimalist GNU for
    Windows), which is a completely separate effort. That project's
    home page is http://www.mingw.org/index.shtml.

Should the second paragraph be revised to say that -mno-cygwin
effectively produces a MinGW app, and users should refer to that
project?  I understand they are not *exactly* the same (right?) so
maybe I can point that out, too.

Thanks for any suggestions.

David
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)