Re: Copying Windows .lnk files with Cygwin

At 02:51 PM 6/13/2001, Mark Schoenberg wrote:
>but me have this problem?  I was able to use cp routinely for this purpose in
>Cygwin 1.1.8, but had no luck what-so-ever with it in 1.3.1.  I could almost
>swear that cp worked for me for a while after upgrading to 1.3.2, but it doesn't
>work for me now.  I know that symlinks were discussed in detail by this list
>back in February when the change in symlinks was made, but I haven't found the
>answer to my question.
>
>                                Thank you,
>
>                                Mark Schoenberg

You may want to look in the email archives again.  This issue has been
raised in the last month or so.  You may want to look at the details to
see if what's been described matches your situation.  In short, it's a
bug.  I'm not sure of the status.  Feel free to check a recent snapshot
to see if the behavior has changed for the better if you like.