mysql 2.23.39 minor compile issue

during the compile I got the following error

resolveip.o undefinded reference to "h_errno"

this means you can't use host names in the user table.

when I installed the db tables it had a lot of these errors on the screen

mysqld 2420 pthread_cond::BroadCast: Broadcast called with invalid mutex

What does that mean?

Thanks,
Julia

--
[  Julia Anne Case  ] [        Ships are safe inside the harbor,       ]
[Programmer at large] [      but is that what ships are really for.    ]