Re: List of legal color names for "rxvt -bg"?

Well, here's what I get on my rxvt man page:

X Version 11              13 APRIL 2001                        11

RXVT(1)                      X Tools                      RXVT(1)

COLORS AND GRAPHICS
        If graphics support was enabled at compile-time, rxvt  can
        be  queried  with  ANSI  escape  sequences and can address
        individual pixels instead of text  characters.   Note  the
        graphics support is still considered beta code.

        In  addition  to  the  default  foreground  and background
        colours, rxvt can display up to 16 colours (8 ANSI colours
        plus  high-intensity  bold/blink  versions  of  the same).
        Here is a list of the colours with their rgb.txt names.

        color0
         (black)
         = Black
        color1
         (red)
         = Red3
        color2
         (green)
         = Green3
        color3
         (yellow)
         = Yellow3
        color4
         (blue)
         = Blue3
        color5
         (magenta)
         = Magenta3
        color6
         (cyan)
         = Cyan3
        color7
         (white)
         = AntiqueWhite
        color8
         (bright black)
         = Grey25
        color9
         (bright red)
         = Red
        color10
         (bright green)
         = Green
        color11
         (bright yellow)
         = Yellow
        color12
         (bright blue)
         = Blue
        color13
         (bright magenta)
         = Magenta
        color14
         (bright cyan)
         = Cyan
        color15
         (bright white)
         = White
        foreground

         = Black
        background

         = White

        color0  (black)  = Black
        color1  (red)  = Red3
        color2  (green)  = Green3
        color3  (yellow)  = Yellow3
        color4  (blue)  = Blue3
        color5  (magenta)  = Magenta3
        color6  (cyan)  = Cyan3
        color7  (white)  = AntiqueWhite
        color8  (bright black)  = Grey25
        color9  (bright red)  = Red
        color10  (bright green)  = Green
        color11  (bright yellow)  = Yellow
        color12  (bright blue)  = Blue
        color13  (bright magenta)  = Magenta
        color14  (bright cyan)  = Cyan
        color15  (bright white)  = White
        foreground    = Black
        background    = White

        It is also possible to specify the colour values of  fore-
        ground,  background,  cursorColor,  cursorColor2, colorBD,
        colorUL as a number 0-15, as  a  convenient  shorthand  to
        reference the colour name of color0-color15.

        Note  that  -rv  ("reverseVideo:  True") simulates reverse
        video  by  always   swapping   the   foreground/background
        colours.   This  is  in  contrast  to  xterm(1)  where the
        colours are only swapped if they have not  otherwise  been
        specified.  For example,

        rxvt -fg Black -bg White -rv
               would  yield  White  on Black, while on xterm(1) it
               would yield Black on White.

On Friday, June 15, 2001, at 06:15 PM, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Christopher Faylor schrieb am 2001-06-15, 21:02:
>
>> On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 02:53:33AM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>>> Well the listing in 'COLORS AND GRAPHICS' as mentioned above is
>>> missing in the manpage unfortunately, nut you may find them in
>>> thew source...
>>
>> I just downloaded the latest version of rxvt.  My man page has this
>> section.
>
> rxvt-2.7.2-6.tar.gz
> is this the latest?
>
> [...]
> COLORS AND GRAPHICS
>        If graphics support was enabled at compile-time, rxvt  can
>        be  queried  with  ANSI  escape  sequences and can address
>        individual pixels instead of text  characters.   Note  the
>        graphics support is still considered beta code.
>
>        In  addition  to  the  default  foreground  and background
>        colours, rxvt can display up to 16 colours (8 ANSI colours
>        plus  high-intensity  bold/blink  versions  of  the same).
>        Here is a list of the colours with their rgb.txt names.
>
>        It is also possible to specify the colour values of  fore-
>        ground,  background,  cursorColor,  cursorColor2, colorBD,
>        colorUL as a number 0-15, as  a  convenient  shorthand  to
>        reference the colour name of color0-color15.
>
>        Note  that  -rv  ("reverseVideo:  True") simulates reverse
>        video  by  always   swapping   the   foreground/background
>        colours.   This  is  in  contrast  to  xterm(1)  where the
>        colours are only swapped if they have not  otherwise  been
>        specified.  For example,
>
>        rxvt -fg Black -bg White -rv
>               would  yield  White  on Black, while on xterm(1) it
>               would yield Black on White.
> [...]
>
> compare with:
> http://www.rxvt.org/manual.html